Thursday, January 31, 2013

Recording Divices and Sea Creatures

Last night we had our first music rehearsal for our Sea Creatures!  Talk about some tough harmonies!  If any of your little ones were discouraged, please encourage them for me -- it's a hard section for young singers for sure, and they were patient and tried hard -- that's a big deal to me!  I'm thinking of changing my plan for the song we worked on, but either way, please let me know if your family has access to a portable recording device of any kind that could be used for recording harmonies and practicing at home.  (This goes for everyone -- not just Sea Creatures).  This could be anything from an iTouch to an cassette recorder you used when you were in choir/theater (don't worry -- I'll teach your kiddos what a cassette is.  *ha*).  The rehearsal CDs are en route and will help with melodies but will be hard to pick up harmonies with.
I talked to the Sea Creatures about their characters last night.  They will have some freedom to work on deciding what Sea Creatures they would like to be.  I will be sending costume guidelines out as soon as possible (hopefully next weekend at the latest!), so please don't get too set on anything yet, but do feel free to start tossing around ideas!

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment